Menu

Intensive Spanish programs for adults-in the US

mum

I know there are Spanish programs overseas, but I would love to find one in the US. Does anyone know of any? I would like to learn Spanish quickly and find the Community College classes dull and not practical.

• Like 1

Possibly you might find something like that in Miami?   Miami is "The Capital of Latin America".  However, the majority of the people there are fluent  Spanish speakers, so this suggestion might be like you coming down here to Colombia, where so many people are trying to learn English and there are lots of English language institutes. I believe, from time to time, some of those Institutes have courses for foreigners who want to learn Spanish.  Also, possibly in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas or in San Diego or in  a border city in AZ or NM.?    GL

May I ask:  Why the US?  (There is no snark intended with this question.)  

There are solid, inexpensive programs in other countries where the primary language is Spanish.  Some years ago I took a private course in Guatemala....the teacher was professional and the cost was negligible.  I had a safe and a lovely holiday (and my children came along).

• Like 2

I googled. The first result was an ad. This may be what you are looking for!

Learn Spanish in Miami - miami.edu‎
Adcontinue.miami.edu/spanish‎
University of Miami 7-day intensive Spanish course - Get started now!

This is the URL for the Google SERPs:

If I was in your shoes and did not want to travel to Colombia or some other country in Latin America, Miami would be the first place I look.  GL