Menu

Any MS Publisher gurus? Help, please!

I'm doing a double sided flyer that is going to be sent out to Fedex for printing. It is two, double sided flyers per 8.5x11" page. I am having a problem in that when I print out the flyer(s), and look at the sheet, my left margin is larger than my right. And conversely, the same is true on the opposite side, which results in the center of my flyers not being centered. (In other words, the flyers are all the correct size, it's not cutting one short; but the larger left margin is pushing them so my center is not the true center of the page; not a problem because I'm cutting off margins, except that I have it two sided so the centers don't match up.) I've read that it could be your printer settings, however, when I saved as a PDF and sent to the Fedex guy, his printed incorrectly, as well. I hope maybe this made some sense to somebody. I'm so frustrated!!!!

Update in post #5; I removed all over background color and now everything all of the sudden lines up. DH really wanted a colored background. It's going on shiny paper, so we can't really change paper color.

Edited by Guest

I'm doing a double sided flyer that is going to be sent out to Fedex for printing. It is two, double sided flyers per 8.5x11" page. I am having a problem in that when I print out the flyer(s), and look at the sheet, my left margin is larger than my right. And conversely, the same is true on the opposite side, which results in the center of my flyers not being centered. (In other words, the flyers are all the correct size, it's not cutting one short; but the larger left margin is pushing them so my center is not the true center of the page; not a problem because I'm cutting off margins, except that I have it two sided so the centers don't match up.) I've read that it could be your printer settings, however, when I saved as a PDF and sent to the Fedex guy, his printed incorrectly, as well. I hope maybe this made some sense to somebody. I'm so frustrated!!!!

I have to ask. :-) Have you checked your margins? Is there a thing in the set-up (page set-up? margins? paragraphs?) that indicates anything about margins being different on left and right pages? mirror-image?

It doesn't look like my response went through - all margins are set to .5". I am not familiar enough with Publisher to know where else to change something. I didn't change anything from default, though.

Checking in to update. I had a "background" color over the whole sheet. When I removed that, all of the sudden everything lines up. Hmmmm.

Oh, yeah. One of the things I don't like about Publisher. It defaults to that background thing, and users have to know enough to look for it and remove it.

I was going to ask you to email it to me so I could play with it. Glad you figured it out. :-)