Menu

Chemistry 101 videos from timberdoodle Christian? Secular family friendly?

I've never used them, but Timberdoodle is a Christian company and is unapologetic in their disdain for higher education.  I found this on a review on another site. 

Chemistry 101 is a complete overview of the world of chemistry from a Biblical perspective, in a set of four DVDs. It is easy to use, understandable, and visually rich.

Thanks! It was timberdoodle that I found it. I've been putting together a secular version of their curriculum sets for my upcoming 10th and 11th graders. They are Christian, but I'm not, so I guess it's not the end of the world for it to be religious, and it seems like it would be a really good supplement to the PAC integrated physics/chemistry. I just have been trying to make our schoolwork as secular as possible while still being largely independent.

Silvermoon, would you be willing to describe how you use the Chemistry 101 videos with GuestHollow and how you modified GuestHollow? I have one who doesn't like science and I've been looking at GuestHollow and liking what I see.

I loved using Bio 101 and Chemistry 101.  Yes, they are Christian and the foundation of the videos and the company that makes them is Christian. Is it preachy? I don't think so but then I'm a Christian so that may be hard for me to evaluate. BTW, we supplemented Chemistry 101 with Tiner's book Exploring the World of Chemistry.

Both the Biology 101 and the Chemistry worked very well with a non-science student.  In the end, she ended up really enjoying science because

of how he (Wes Olsen) explained things. I feel like he makes science less heady and more approachable.  We also have Physics 101 which we haven't gotten to yet.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2