Menu

Any great "breakfast cookie" recipes?

We need easy, fast protein/carb breakfast options that don't require me to turn on any appliances. I'm looking for strait up grab and go recipes. My 5, 3, and 1 yr olds just aren't the breakfast cereal types and I'm just not in rhythm enough with the baby to get up and make eggs and such.

I seem to recall a protein ball recipe at some point. And my mom says I should get a good recipe for breakfast bars or cookies. Any suggestions?

By the way.... Hey ya'll!!!!! Long time no see.

Jo

We need easy, fast protein/carb breakfast options that don't require me to turn on any appliances. I'm looking for strait up grab and go recipes. My 5, 3, and 1 yr olds just aren't the breakfast cereal types and I'm just not in rhythm enough with the baby to get up and make eggs and such.

I seem to recall a protein ball recipe at some point. And my mom says I should get a good recipe for breakfast bars or cookies. Any suggestions?

By the way.... Hey ya'll!!!!! Long time no see.

Jo

How are you doing?!?! How's the baby?

Here's a recipe my boys love for Chewy Granola Bars.

Ooooh, emeraldjoy posted something for me recently that we all LOVED. Let me see if I can find it...Here it is:

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/04/11/homemade-granola-bar-recipe-no-high-fructose-corn-syrup-in-these-bars/

Sooooooooo good! I made it exactly like the recipe she posted--haven't had a chance to try variations yet. But the recipe as is was phenomenal. I used raisins and cranberries as the fruit, and overtoasted the dry ingredients accidentally, but it turns out the toastiness is what gives them their amazing flavor. Both my somewhat picky kids loved these, and so did my dad, LOL!

We also like keeping a bag of muffins in the fridge or freezer, to pull out and toast as needed.

HTH!

Instead of a breakfast cookie, how about breakfast muffins? I occasionally serve muffins for breakfast with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese as our protein. The healthier recipes use at least 50% ww flour and about 1/4 cup of honey per dozen muffins.

This week I modified this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx.

Time saving tip: it dawned on me afterwards that I could have probably just baked my double batch in a 9x13 pan to speed up the prep work.

Here is TWTM protein ball recipe: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/recipes.php.

HTH! Congrats on the new baby. :)