Menu

9th grade planning

Trying to gear up for 9th grade,and I looked to see if there was a ninth grade planning thread, and I couldn't find one. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what courses my dd will take.

If there is a ninth grade thread, could someone post a link? Andif there isn't, maybe we could start one!

Edited by Peacefulisle

Love a planning thread!  We're wrapping up 9th grade now, but here is what we've done this year:

Math:  Horizons Algebra first semester.  Switched to Mathusee (love!!) Algebra and will complete this summer.

English:  Seton Composition, Seton High School Grammar, Abeka Vocab Spelling Poetry III, D'Aulaire's Greek Myths with Memoria Press guide, Coolidge's Trojan War with teeny bit of Memoria Press guide before completely dropping Memoria Press guides (I wanted to love them but no it was not to be), some reading out of Graphic Canon and writing short response paragraphs, lots of reading books, a couple of Remedia Proofreading workbooks, some work in the Figuratively Speaking workbook

History:  History of the Ancient World by SWB until about Chapter 60, when I dropped it for Human Odyssey (which we are loving!!)

Science:  The Science of Biology by Hoagland

French:  So You Really Want to Learn French Book One and Skeleton French by Galore Park

Health:  Abeka Health from a Christian Perspective (ugh.  Meant for this to be a quick git'er done class.  It is so not.)

Bible:  Notgrass Draw to Learn Psalms

Happy planning!

Edited by perkybunch
  • Like 1