Menu

VP Self-Paced History questions

Staceyshoe

I'm considering VP's Self-Paced History for my younger child who will be in 3rd grade next year, and I have some questions for those of you who are knowledgeable about the program.

1) It is listed as being for 2nd to 6th graders.  Is the content exactly the same, or do I specify grade level at some point?

2) How long do the lessons take each day?

3) I heard somewhere that there is a 2 week free trial, but I don't see that on the website.  I'm considering this for my son who attends a school-for-homeschoolers 3 full days/week.  Doing a history lesson after school might be too much for him.  He might love it, or it might burn him out.  I would like to do the 2-week trial this schoolyear to see how he handles the lessons after school.  Do I need to call to request a free trial?

4)  They occasionally run discount codes for self-paced history, right?  What is the best way to hear about them?  Sign up for a newsletter?  Like them on FB?  Are they likely to have a sale between now and the fall?

Thank you for your patience!  I've been to the website but these are the questions still rattling around in my brain.

The content is the same except for the optional literature.  The literature changes whether you want more primary level books or intermediate level books.  All the literature books are optional and not integrated to the program.

Yes, FB and the email list are the best ways to hear about sales.  They will most likely have a sale between now and the fall.  They usually do.

I would call about the free trial.

Lessons take usually as long as 40 minutes on a long day or as little as 10-15 minutes on a test day.  Most days are around 30 minutes.

• Like 1

You don't have to complete an entire lesson in one day.  It usually starts wherever you stopped.  Therefore, your son could do maybe 10 minutes on days he is doing outside classes and do longer sessions on the other days.  You don't have to do all of the suggested literature readings, but doing at least some really adds to the experience IMHO.

Content is the same for each one, regardless of the grade level of the child but as mentioned up thread there are different suggestions for literature depending on the age.

• Like 1