Menu

Center for Lit for just fall semester?

Dd is 15. I really wanted her to get in some more lit/writing before taking a college class, and was planning to do that next year and then have her take English at the CC the year after.  But after working through her overall plan for high school, it turns out that it will make more sense in the overall schedule to take English 101 at the CC next year already.

So, I'm thinking she could take it spring semester, and we could still do the original plan of Center for Lit and probably some Bravewriter classes for writing for the fall semester.

Anyone know if I can sign up for Center for Lit for just the fall?  Their website doesn't show next year yet; it's still stuck on spring.  I know full-year and spring-semester is available, but what about just fall semester?

• Like 1

Good question.  I know that they used to split it into two semesters, but this year they condensed it into a full-year.  I did speak with them because my dd has some softball tournaments in April/May where she may have to miss a couple of classes and they were fine with it, but of course, I still have to pay.  I would shoot them an e-mail.  They are very good at answering.  

Another option is to do the full year.  My dd started English 103 at the university and she's doing Center for Lit at the same time.  It's just reading and discussing so she's not finding it overwhelming.  In fact, it's something enjoyable in her ever increasing workload.