Menu

Ash Wednesday service, Catholic question

ktgrok

I've always gone to the regular Mass with imposition of ashes, but today I'm going to a "Liturgy of the Word" with ashes at 4pm. Anyone know about how long that would take? I'm trying to figure out if we have time to come home and change before taking my daughter to dance class. 

Thanks all, it was about 30 minutes (and we were about 5 minutes late..oops. I forgot how to get there, it wasn't our normal parish.)

In really nice news the kids behaved despite having been cooped up for the last week. And, I found that this parish now has new pews with kneelers. When I first went there years ago there were no kneelers and the pews were so close together you couldn't kneel on the floor if you wanted to, everyone just stood during the normal kneeling parts. I personally didn't like that as much and ended up at a lovely parish that is on the other side of town. But I did feel very comfortable at this one today, it's much smaller and more blue collar, with a very strong hispanic population (everything is bilingual), very different than our mega sized more affluent parish. And the priest was a sweet old Irish man with white hair. Loved him. He had a great homily that was very touching. I'm going to definitely go there more often, especially since it is closer! 

• Like 2