Menu

Fun things for Girl Scouts to do?

PiCO

I'm trying to get my dd's troop away from doing crafty stuff all the time. We're planning to do some camping and hiking in the spring, but I'm looking for some fun field trip ideas for fall and winter. It's a 4th grade troop and we have 12 girls.

Thanks!

Look into museums and zoos. They usualy have a special badge or try it or patch that you get after finishing a program. Also look at museums. If you go to the GSUSA office and take a look at the patches they have, that will also give you ideas. There are sleep over patches, skating patches, movie patches, tea party patches ... it goes on and on.

Camping works better in the fall here because the ground's still warm.

Horseback riding is fun in the fall, if you can find a Council approved place to do it (seem to be getting fewer and farther between, sigh).

We've been to a botanical garden. The Science Museum here has overnight stays for Scouts, the Zoo has late nights/overnights. We're going to help out at a food pantry in November. We have a slumber party coming up in October which will also feature movie-watching towards some badge.

Most of the parks around here have field trips designed around badges that work well any time of the year.