Menu

Cushings Disease in dogs

itsheresomewhere

Anyone on here have a dog with Cushings disease?  If so, tell me about it with your dog.  I have read quite a bit about it but really would like to hear from people who actually deal with it in their dogs. 

Thanks in advance

No experience with Cushings, but it often is co-morbid with diabetes, which I do have experience with.  I'd expect a dog with Cushings to become insulin dependent at some point.  High blood sugars in dogs will cause blindness in a very short amount of time.

Stefanie

No experience with Cushings, but it often is co-morbid with diabetes, which I do have experience with.  I'd expect a dog with Cushings to become insulin dependent at some point.  High blood sugars in dogs will cause blindness in a very short amount of time.

Stefanie

Very familiar with that.  The dog is already blind.  His sugars are not that high yet (just out range) but we are watching.  He fits a lot of the symptoms a little too well.

Our dog has Addison's Disease, which is the opposite of Cushings. She produces little to no cortisol. She is 13, 3 years post diagnosis, and doing well. As I understand it, Cushings is more easily controlled than AD, so I hope that your dog does as well as ours has.