Menu

Wayfarers - reviews?

Bay Lake Mom

I've recently discovered Wayfarers curriculum. It seems to follow Charlotte Mason's principles, and it looks wonderful. I'm wondering if anyone has actually used it and could provide opinions. My kids are 6 and 7, and I was considering using SOTW anyway. Wayfarers uses SOTW as the spine.

I've also been considering English Lessons through Literature (ELTL), and that is the recommended Language Arts as it is by the same author as the Wayfarers curriculum. It seems like this might all be a good fit, but I would love to hear some reviews. I've "searched" for reviews, but I'm not finding much.

We are using Wayfarers this year and have had an absolutely fantastic year! Her book choices have been great for us and we have read many books that I never would have otherwise considered reading (mostly because I didn't know about them). There are a few things we have tweaked, but not many. We are using the Ancient History book this year and I'm debating on which year to do next since I really want to do American History for the election year. Our family also uses and loves ELTL and RLTL. Kathy Jo is so wonderfully approachable when it comes to questions, so feel free join the Barefoot Ragamuffins yahoo group if you think of any questions you would like to ask her.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...