Menu

9/22 exerciser updates

I ran this morning and felt really slow! But my pace was "quick". 2.94 miles, 30:42 min, 10:26 pace, 314 cal.

I ended up riding all weekend. I rode 11 or 14 miles on Friday. (I figured it out on-line. I did 2 routes the same day and can't remember which is which!) Then dh and I rode on Saturday with ds. Four miles, but it was sloooowww. DS doesn't ride fast.

Then yesterday since dh didn't ride on Friday and Saturday wasn't a workout, he wanted to go again. I was surprised that he wanted a workout but was willing to go with me. Then we tried going to some mostly flat trails, but they were having a college race there so we tuned around and came back to where we usually ride. DH asked and I suggested that we do the ride backwards so I had no preconceived notions of "this is where I fell". I did much better. I was on my bike more. I didn't fall. Given past experience, dh was impressed with some of the parts I stayed on my bike and rode instead of getting off and walking. There were still places that I walked. Most were surprises - places where you can't see that far ahead and so you don't have time to see the best way and so I just stopped. Then there was the hill that went straight down. And my favorite, sharp turns on hills. But this time the sharp turns were uphill instead of downhill. All my forward momentum just stopped. But we were both happy with my ride!

I know Deb is getting pt, but what happened to Jennifer in MI? She disappeared the week I was visiting my folks. Isn't Colleen still in Europe?

I haven't posted in awhile - just busy. Ran 3 miles with one of the college girls I disciple. She runs marathons, triathlons, etc., so she was talking away. If she lulled, I jumped in quick with another question lest she ask ME a question and then I would have to talk while running. Pretty good strategy. I got to hear about God's work in her life and get in my run at the same time!

I haven't posted in awhile - just busy. Ran 3 miles with one of the college girls I disciple. She runs marathons, triathlons, etc., so she was talking away. If she lulled, I jumped in quick with another question lest she ask ME a question and then I would have to talk while running. Pretty good strategy. I got to hear about God's work in her life and get in my run at the same time!

I think I would do the same - ask questions to keep her talking. Great job on the run!

I ran this morning and felt really slow! But my pace was "quick". 2.94 miles, 30:42 min, 10:26 pace, 314 cal.

I ended up riding all weekend. I rode 11 or 14 miles on Friday. (I figured it out on-line. I did 2 routes the same day and can't remember which is which!) Then dh and I rode on Saturday with ds. Four miles, but it was sloooowww. DS doesn't ride fast.

I know Deb is getting pt, but what happened to Jennifer in MI? She disappeared the week I was visiting my folks. Isn't Colleen still in Europe?

Good job on your run and bike rides.

Jennifer was at Disney, I don't know when she is getting back.

I have yet to hear from the pt so still no running for me, but I do have tkd today.

Good job on your run and bike rides.

Jennifer was at Disney, I don't know when she is getting back.

I have yet to hear from the pt so still no running for me, but I do have tkd today.

Thanks for the info Krista!

Hope you hear from the pt soon. You'll still get a workout from the tkd!