Menu

Healthy/Clean Eating - Help Me Plan

MomOfABunch

I would like to seriously clean up my family's diet.  We eat moderately healthy now, but I want to completely eliminate processed food and sugar.  i'm talking grind my own wheat berries, cook everything from scratch.

I would like to come up with a weekly meal plan with a shopping list   

If you cook like this, where do you do your shopping?  

I'll be cooking meals for 8 people, so buying bulk 50 lb bags of oats, wheat berries, etc. is probably the way to go.

ETA: I got a dehydrator recently and would love to use it more.

Edited by MomOfABunch
  • Like 1

I shop at Trader Joes, the local butcher, a local organic market, Costco, and our neighborhood grocer. The butcher and Trader Joes are a drive so I don't go as often. I batch cook a ton of veggies a couple times a week, here's the recipe I'm loving right now, I just made a double batch today, it'll last 4-5 days, but we are only 5 people. I also roasted 2 butternut squash for a soup, and an eggplant, just because I like it. We aren't doing grain right now so I can't help there. When I pre cook my veggies we can use them for any meal and I just have to think about the protein and add greens if I want, we also snack on them and the kids love them, so it just makes it much easier on me. If you have plan to eat, that will help a ton with your planning and your shopping lists.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roasted-potatoes-carrots-parsnips-and-brussels-sprouts-recipe2.html

• Like 1

I shop at Trader Joes, the local butcher, a local organic market, Costco, and our neighborhood grocer. The butcher and Trader Joes are a drive so I don't go as often. I batch cook a ton of veggies a couple times a week, here's the recipe I'm loving right now, I just made a double batch today, it'll last 4-5 days, but we are only 5 people. I also roasted 2 butternut squash for a soup, and an eggplant, just because I like it. We aren't doing grain right now so I can't help there. When I pre cook my veggies we can use them for any meal and I just have to think about the protein and add greens if I want, we also snack on them and the kids love them, so it just makes it much easier on me. If you have plan to eat, that will help a ton with your planning and your shopping lists.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roasted-potatoes-carrots-parsnips-and-brussels-sprouts-recipe2.html

This is yummy!  I actually made it for Thanksgiving    :hurray:

• Like 1