Menu

Reading While Eating...Yes or No?

JumpyTheFrog

Do you allow your kids to read while they eat?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Do you allow your kids to read while they eat?

• Never
    • Always
    • Sometimes
    • Only when it's not a family meal

Generally reading is saved for later not during family meal time which is usually dinner.  Everyone gets up at various times which means breakfast and lunch end up being staggered.  The only issue I have is my oldest is such a slow eater and then add reading into that and her eating becomes even slower.  If she hasn't finished school for the day, then she needs to each and then move for a little before we get back to school work so I have her hold off on reading.

I love to read while I eat meals (I do so less now with kids, but I love to read while I eat breakfast before they are awake). I've done this as long as I can remember.

I have never mindlessly munched while reading, unlike with watching tv.

We don't allow anyone to read at the table during dinner because that's our family meal and no one can have devices or books. However, we allow magazines at other meals as practice for when the kids learn to stop eating with their hands and will then be allowed to read real books at the table. :)