Menu

K9 Advantage is failing us. What's the next option?

I used to buy flea meds from the pet store. We found fleas. A couple of weeks ago, I took the pups to the vet and we got Advantage. At first it seemed it worked, but yesterday I discovered a few were back (or at least visible again). It shouldn't take more than one treatment, right? I am CERTAIN I followed the directions. I haven't bathed them (and they need it!) since we went to the vet. Is there something else that would reduce its effectiveness? What can I do NOW since I'm supposed to wait 2 more weeks to apply it again?

tia

Do you have untreated animals? My cat, which never lifted a claw to scratch, had to be treated or the dog was raw-raw-raw.

we only have the two puppies right now. I *did* see two opossums in the yard the other night after I'd brought the dogs in. And we have squirrels, but they mostly cross our yard through the treetops now. (They'd scurry around the yard to dare our old dog -- the meanies!)

I used to buy flea meds from the pet store. We found fleas. A couple of weeks ago, I took the pups to the vet and we got Advantage. At first it seemed it worked, but yesterday I discovered a few were back (or at least visible again). It shouldn't take more than one treatment, right? I am CERTAIN I followed the directions. I haven't bathed them (and they need it!) since we went to the vet. Is there something else that would reduce its effectiveness? What can I do NOW since I'm supposed to wait 2 more weeks to apply it again?

tia

Our indoor cat recently got fleas and, I hate to tell you, but it was about 2 months before they were really gone. The whole flea life cycle thing is a little complicated and if they are in the carpet or furniture then Advantage isn't helping that and your pet is picking them up again and then the flea has to bite them before they die. But it will work...give it time and treat all bedding, furniture etc. Good luck. I feel your pain.

Frontline Plus--I can treat my 2 dogs, and not treat my 4 cats, and we are fine here. I have never had a prob as long as I treat the two dogs, and we live in an area that is known for heavy fleas. Dog.com has the best price I've seen, and they will beat any other price--once in a while you will find it cheaper on amazon, then you can call dog.com, and they beat it at 110%, I think.