Menu

Looking for creative journal ideas utilizing I Corinthians 13 (love passage)

Kelley

These are off the cuff, so maybe not very helpful--

I Cor 13: 1-3

Has God given me any of these gifts? (gift of eloquence, give of music, gift of an inquiring mind, gift of faith, gift of generousity)

How do I use them to show love to others?

Have I ever misused those gifts?

Why is love so much more important?

I Cor 13: 4-6

Have I ever been unloving to someone, showing envy, pride, anger, selfishness?

How do I handle praise?

Do I have anyone to forgive?

Is there a part of me that sometimes likes the evil, dark things of this world? What might those be? How does even subtly taking part in those things change my ability and willingness to love others?

Who do I know who loves the way it is described here, and what would be an example of a time you felt loved like this?

I Cor 13:8-13

Has someone's love ever failed you? Who? How? Do you hold any resentment or ill feelings toward this person?

How does knowing that, one day, we will know in full what it means to love perfectly, make you feel now?

How do you now talk and think like a child, and how do you think that might change as you grow in your relationship to God?

Imagine seeing Jesus Christ face to face. Really sit with this awhile. Then record your thoughts and feelings. Are you afraid? Are you shy? Are you smiling? Do you want to meet his eyes? What do you think is on his mind as he looks back at you?

How do you feel, knowing God knows you fully, and loves you anyway? Do you Really think he does? Have you ever had an experience of this kind of love that you can share?

Why is love greater than hope and faith?

Read the whole chapter. Which words jump out at you? Read it again. What experiences are you reminded of? What do you think God is trying to tell you thru this passage? What do you want to carry with you?

These may be a little deep for a middle schooler.

Just some ideas for ya!