Menu

S/O Dishwasher help (dishwasher manuals loading instructions)

Pegasus

In a recent thread about family members helping to load the dishwasher and not doing it to the specifications of the main dishwasher loader, a few people mentioned referring to their dishwasher manual.

I ask this in all sincerity: What kind of manuals do you people have?!?

My manual would only be helpful if I had a set of perfectly sized dishes with no oddballs, no mixing bowls, no cooking sheets, no platters, etc.  If I had 12 identical glasses and 12 identical plates and a few pieces of eating utensils, I could load per my manual.  My dishwasher is a German brand, if it matters.

Ok, I went and found an example.  This is the same brand as mine but not the exact model. Click on the second document (instructions for use). See the loading pics on pages 7 and 8.  

https://portal.bsh-partner.com/portal(bD1lbiZjPTA2MA==)/PORTALFRAME.HTM

Edited by Pegasus
  • Like 1

I never even looked at my manual for loading instructions. I just downloaded the pdf and it turns out I'm doing it right. I'm not surprised since I think most dishwasher loading is pretty intuitive.

I also don't think there is a right and wrong way to load a dishwasher. My mom was pretty critical and I vowed to never be like that. I don't care how my dishwasher is loaded.

In a recent thread about family members helping to load the dishwasher and not doing it to the specifications of the main dishwasher loader, a few people mentioned referring to their dishwasher manual.

I ask this in all sincerity: What kind of manuals do you people have?!?

My manual would only be helpful if I had a set of perfectly sized dishes with no oddballs, no mixing bowls, no cooking sheets, no platters, etc.  If I had 12 identical glasses and 12 identical plates and a few pieces of eating utensils, I could load per my manual.  My dishwasher is a German brand, if it matters.

Ok, I went and found an example.  This is the same brand as mine but not the exact model. Click on the second document (instructions for use). See the loading pics on pages 7 and 8.  

https://portal.bsh-partner.com/portal(bD1lbiZjPTA2MA==)/PORTALFRAME.HTM

I don't know if I have ever had a manual or looked at one.

I just load stuff in a logical and efficient way.  No complaints yet, and I have a small dishwasher.  There are some pots and pans I have to hand wash.