Menu

Book suggestion needed.

Rose in BC

I need a gift book suggestion for my 19 dd.  I'm normally in touch with these things but this was her first year away attending college 1500 km away.  She'll be home for Christmas Friday!  Yay!  So we haven't had any book discussions this fall.

Anyway, she loves fantasy genre (me not so much).  But reads across genres.

Any book suggestions for 19 yr old girls?

At that age I like to start giving them nice grown up classic editions.  I remember I gave my oldest dd a nice hard back edition of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn which was her favorite book since she read it in 8th grade, but she only had a dog-eared paperback of it.  So if your dd likes fantasy maybe give her a nice edition of her favorite?  Also, my dd really enjoyed a cd collection of Agatha Christie stories one year.  She was in college halfway across the country (we are in VA and she was in TX) and she loved listening to the stories while she drove back and forth. http://www.amazon.com/The-Essential-Agatha-Christie-Stories/dp/1602836639 But of course those stories aren't fantasy!

My dd isn't into fantasy but one of my sons really likes Terry Pratchett books.  

Sorry, not much help.