Menu

MP's Stortime Treasures vs. BW Quiver of Arrows

ByGrace3

These seem similar, and both along the lines of what I want for my youngest next year for first grade. Can anyone compare them? Tell me about their experience with either? Thank you! We will be doing it alongside AAR and AAS, MM, some science, and either MP enrichment or VP's Legends and Leagues....

I've only used Storytime Treasures, but it looks more comparable to The Wand than to Quiver. Some of the books in Quiver are used in MP Grade 3. Storytime Treasures has a student book with vocab, questions, and activities where Quiver seems to have a guide for the teacher with discussion and copywork.

We started Storytime Treasures when we were about halfway through AAR2. I think it was helpful to have a firm grasp of silent e as well as some knowledge of the r-controlled syllables.

I plan to buy Jot It Down from BW to use later on in first grade.  I looked at MP Storytime Treasures, but my first grader isn't able to read/write independently yet.  He is doing copywork every day mostly poems and scripture we are memorizing.  I used MP's second grade literature guides with my little sister.  I think I would prefer to buy Andrew Adams Teaching the Classics.  I do have nearly all of the books in their first grade lineup so we just have those in a book basket for free reading currently.  You might also want to look at Veritas Press' First Favorites.