Menu

Buying an XBox - where's the best place to do so?

momee

costco had the best deal over the weekend. I don't know if it's still going on. (i just looked - it's sold out online.)

My nerd son directed me to the online microsoft store. it was the lego x-box with a $60 game coupon (my son's wanted that.) it ended up being a bit more than costco.  (MS cyber weekend deal is also over. but they still have them.)

Edited by gardenmom5

If you have a Best Buy near you, go in and ask all the questions you like. Odds are you can use one there, too. I bought my son a refurbished XBox 360 with a ton of memory (to store all those games) for less than the cost of a new one with less memory.

Edited by JFSinIL

that is something you do need to decide up front - do you want an xbox 360, or the newer xbox one?  there are different games.

dudeling wanted his own xbox one (because his brother who owns one doesn't live here . . . . ).  it's his christmas AND birthday present.

Xbox one plays 360 games. Or at least some? I can't remember ... (Ok ... I googled and got this, "Now you can play a growing number of your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One at no additional cost.")

... Anyway ... DH bought the Xbox One from Costco over the weekend for under $300 with the Lego Movie game and then went by Gamestop to pick up three more controllers (was looking for used, ie cheaper and Gamestop will take returns if there is a problem) and the Master Chief Collection (Halo 1-4) because we are all Halo fans (the new Halo 5 has no local multiplayer mode!! The tragedy!).

Edited by SGCS