Menu

Vitamix model 750 - is this good? Your opinions needed!

sheryl

My dh asked me to look on the computer.    He wanted to ask for my advice about a Vitamix as he found one on Craigslist he'd like to buy me for Christmas!  :)

It's model Professional Series 750.  I don't know how to copy and paste the link. 

Does anyone know if this is a good model?   Why/why not?  They are asking $400 nib or best offer.

Thanks!

Product Specifications

Platform: G-Series
Dimensions: 17.5 x 9.4 x 7.7 in
Blades: Laser-cut, stainless-steel hammermill and cutting blades measuring 4 in. diameter 
HP: 2.2-peak
Voltage: 120
Hz/Amps: 50/60 Hz, 12 amps
Weight: 12.5 lbs
Design Feature: Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
Cord: 6 ft
Use: Household

I have an older version, a Super 5000 I bought in 1999. It is still going strong 16 years later. I use it almost everyday. I grind up whole wheat berrys to make bread flour, I chop up chocolate bars to make my own hot cocoa mix.  I've made soups in it and of course lots and lots of shakes and smoothies. I have never had a moments trouble with it. All of their models are good and reliable.

Ask the seller on craigslist if the warantee card is still with the machine and see if you can register it. Then you'd get the full 7 year protection from Vitamix. Pretty sweet deal.

• Like 1

Is this it? We have it and it's amazing! Vitamix lasts a looooong time and they have an outstanding warranty - 7 years from date of purchase. Find out when this one was purchased (ask if you can get the serial number) and then call Vitamix to find out if it's still covered under warranty and for how long (and ask if the warranty transfers to you, which I believe it should).

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vitamix-pro-750-heritage-blender/

• Like 1

Is this it? We have it and it's amazing! Vitamix lasts a looooong time and they have an outstanding warranty - 7 years from date of purchase. Find out when this one was purchased (ask if you can get the serial number) and then call Vitamix to find out if it's still covered under warranty and for how long (and ask if the warranty transfers to you, which I believe it should).

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vitamix-pro-750-heritage-blender/

Tammy, Yes, that's the one!  OK, should be good.  I'll follow you and SusanneA suggested and ask for serial number and warranty card!    Thanks!

Well, I have a similar one.  It doesn't have the programs, just a dial.  I've heard that no one uses the programmed settings so I didn't bother.  I love it, I adore it, it's one of the very few appliances I have bought that live up to the hype.  We use it several times a day, every day. 

I got mine here:

https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Series

Mine is a 'next generation', which I think the one you are looking at is as well.  That means it is shorter, easier to fit under kitchen counters.  The container is shorter but squat.  I think it is very easy to clean.  It is supposed to be quieter as well, which I find amazing.  The older ones must be super loud b/c mine is comparable to a garbage disposal.  They are loud! But only on for a short time, so not a big deal.  But I personally wouldn't run it when everyone else is asleep.

See if it comes with the tamper.  I find that really comes in handy when I am processing a lot of greens. I can shove things into the blades without worrying it will go too far.  I like it b/c it allows me to blend things with less liquid. 

• Like 1

Well, I have a similar one.  It doesn't have the programs, just a dial.  I've heard that no one uses the programmed settings so I didn't bother.  I love it, I adore it, it's one of the very few appliances I have bought that live up to the hype.  We use it several times a day, every day. 

I got mine here:

https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Series

Mine is a 'next generation', which I think the one you are looking at is as well.  That means it is shorter, easier to fit under kitchen counters.  The container is shorter but squat.  I think it is very easy to clean.  It is supposed to be quieter as well, which I find amazing.  The older ones must be super loud b/c mine is comparable to a garbage disposal.  They are loud! But only on for a short time, so not a big deal.  But I personally wouldn't run it when everyone else is asleep.

See if it comes with the tamper.  I find that really comes in handy when I am processing a lot of greens. I can shove things into the blades without worrying it will go too far.  I like it b/c it allows me to blend things with less liquid. 

This is all good to know.  I was hoping for the shorter unit to fit under cabinets!   That would be great!  Thanks for the tips!