Menu

Good new dad book?

Farrar

My brother is an impending new father. He's sort of a clueless type sometimes about basic family and life stuff. He's younger than me and he and his wife are basically still newlyweds. He's super handy (he's an electrician or will be very soon when he finishes up his work and apprenticeship program) but much of his previous life experience before a couple of years ago involved following bands around and not the trappings of a more traditional life. I'm honored to have been one of the first people told about the new baby (we are in the midst of re-establishing our relationship after some previous bad decisions he made).

I thought I'd send one of those new dad books but I have no idea which one is good. Anyone?

Not quite what you're looking for, but I'd recommend a copy of  Baby Blues: This is Going to be Harder Than We Thought to accompany your gift.  We received this when our daughter was a new born, and we laughed until we cried.  (We were decidedly sleep deprived at the time so rather punchy.)

Congratulations on your new nephew or niece.

Regards,

Kareni

I really liked this one: http://www.amazon.com/Heading-Home-With-Your-Newborn/dp/1581104448

It has some humor in it but was just very practical and non judgemental. It explains the nitty gritty basics, everything from how to change a diaper to how to wash a bottle to how to get your baby dressed. It gives information on breastfeeding and how to, as well as bottle feeding. I was never around babies much and read this before beginning to provide daycare to a brand new baby. It was beyond helpful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk