Menu

16 pages and counting...

LisaKinVA

I'm writing up a Fundraising Information Binder for my replacements.

The Swim Team has two binders (one for one entire program, and one for everything else).  The main binder has 8 sections which include:

General Information, Organizational Support, Food Fundraisers, Merchandise, Merchandise, Car Washes, Bagging, Passive Income Programs, Special Events & Silent Auctions.

The Troop Binder has everything above EXCEPT the Silent Auctions part.

Still to do:

Sample Forms (Scan)

Actual Forms (Scan)

Save all forms and the major parts of the binder to a CDRom.

And, I have to do the Concession Binder (never been done before) for the Swim Team, part of the concession binder will also go into the Troop Binder with the Food Fundraisers.

Nearly at the end for my term as Fundraising Chair!  Woot!  

Of course, that time will be replaced with earning money for the home budget...cooking.  yay.

I can relate to the binder thing! About this time last year I gave up a volunteer position that I had held for several years. When I started, I got virtually no training or instructions and had to figure it all out myself. It was complex. So I made an extensive manual for my successor. I felt confident that I was leaving things better than I had found them, and it gave me a sense of closure. I hope your replacement appreciates the work you've done!

• Like 3

Right now, our anticipated return is the 3rd week of May. I will be packing up all of the school books to mail back to the states the first week, the rest of the school books I need for 2016-17 will either be shipped to my mom's house, or in my express shipment, along with our printer.

My parents will probably come for a final visit in March, and my mom and I will get all of the filing done, minor packing done, and everything sorted for the big pack out at the end of April. There will be a couple of big trips we'll take (just 3 younger kids, my parents and me).

We need to get back to VA and get our house sold ASAP. Of course, beginning in March is still a possibility.