Menu

History audiobooks or videos for middles school?

linguistmama

DD10 loves audiobooks/videos and listened to all of the Hakim US History books in short order because they were very engaging.  Is there anything like that for middle school age for world history?  There doesn't seem to be an audiobook version of the K12 Human Odyssey series.  She already finished all 4 of the SOTW audiobooks and wouldn't be ready for the History of series from SWB.  Or videos?  We will probably start using the science videos at Uzzingo next year and something like that for history would work well here.  Ideally it would be something that covers the most important things and then we would add other extra books etc as needed.  From what I have seen of the Great Courses they would be better for high school for her.  She has already watched all of the Brainpop videos and they were a huge hit as well.

DD10 loves audiobooks/videos and listened to all of the Hakim US History books in short order because they were very engaging.  Is there anything like that for middle school age for world history?  There doesn't seem to be an audiobook version of the K12 Human Odyssey series.  She already finished all 4 of the SOTW audiobooks and wouldn't be ready for the History of series from SWB.  Or videos?  We will probably start using the science videos at Uzzingo next year and something like that for history would work well here.  Ideally it would be something that covers the most important things and then we would add other extra books etc as needed.  From what I have seen of the Great Courses they would be better for high school for her.  She has already watched all of the Brainpop videos and they were a huge hit as well.

I've been wanting an audio version of HO or the OUP series, but no dice. Great Courses would be my only suggestion.