Menu

Math Matters by Chalkdust

Country Girl

responses. I called the Chalkdust company myself. The lady explained how Math Matters was different from Chalkdust. Then I asked "off the record" if she would/has used it with any of her kids. She said she has not and would not use it. That it was not the same high standard as Chalkdust. Enough said for me. I will wait until ds reaches the Chalkdust level to move on from our current math program.

Hope that helps.

Hot Lava Mama

responses. I called the Chalkdust company myself. The lady explained how Math Matters was different from Chalkdust. Then I asked "off the record" if she would/has used it with any of her kids. She said she has not and would not use it. That it was not the same high standard as Chalkdust. Enough said for me. I will wait until ds reaches the Chalkdust level to move on from our current math program.

Hope that helps.

Hot Lava Mama

Thanks, that does help! Right now my plan is to move into Chalkdust when we hit their level but I thought maybe the transition would be smoother if we started with Math Matters earlier. It sounds like I'm better off sticking with my original plan.

Thanks!

We used the third grade set a few years ago. I don't remember a great deal about it, though. I didn't like it, and we didn't finish it. There just didn't seem to be much to it, a page or so for each lesson. I also didn't like her having to fill in the boxes on the computer. It seemed to indicate answers. For instance, there were boxes above the numbers that should have carrying. When there are a lot of other great math programs out there that are more substantial, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope that helps,

--Dawn

We used the third grade set a few years ago. I don't remember a great deal about it, though. I didn't like it, and we didn't finish it. There just didn't seem to be much to it, a page or so for each lesson. I also didn't like her having to fill in the boxes on the computer. It seemed to indicate answers. For instance, there were boxes above the numbers that should have carrying. When there are a lot of other great math programs out there that are more substantial, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope that helps,

--Dawn

Dawn,

Thanks for chiming in. It is great to hear from an actual user. It doesn't sound like this program is something that would work for us.

Thanks!