Menu

HELP! Science--"deer in the headlights" fright

My children really do have a strong, well rounded education, except for science. I dislike it and am truly intimidated by it. Can someone suggest a curriculum or project to move me out of this mode. Several of my children love science and are being short changed by my lack of focus.

note: I believe in evolution. This has caused me stress in finding a secular program or one which does not teach creation only.

Where do I begin?

Thank you for any recommendations!

Must it be a "program"? I'm using a free, online, downloadable program some nice person posted here called Classic Science. I can pull the website for you if you're interested. But I don't use it alone. I'm also using How Nature Works with loads of living books, printouts, etc. After the half, I'm using How the Body Works along with other books and printouts, etc.

I have created tests to use along with the Nature book for now (and I'll do the Body book over Christmas). The Classic Science has workpages and tests that go along with it, too. The tests are in the teacher's manual.