Menu

Science sequence question: If ds takes Apologia biology in 8th grade, then...

We did bio in 8th, chemistry in 9th, AP bio in 10th, and will either do AP chem in 11th, or chem as DE in 11th, then physics as DE in 12th.

Yes, the 8th grade bio will count as HS credit on a transcript, but if you go all the way through HS with science, you'll have more than enough science credit anyway. Most schools only require two lab sciences. Make sure you keep lab notebooks for proof of those lab sciences. Believe it or not, some colleges ask homeschooled students to submit proof of having completed labs!

My son also did bio in 8th grade (along with his 9th grade sister) and I included it on his transcript. There was no way I was going to make him repeat the course (we did A Beka, which had a ton dissection and microscope work) after all of the hard work he put into it. We're in PA and required to keep portfolios of work, so if there were ever a question about what he did that year, I'd have plenty of tests and lab reports to pull out for proof.