Menu

The rental market - wow!

creekland

I understand.  I'm just burned after a Craigslist rental scam and now we have nowhere to live. :/

:grouphug:  I really wish there were certain segments of society that would grow up and mature.  It's really frustrating when one can't trust others in typical business transactions. I hope you can find a good place soon!

My father lives in Portland, OR and he says that he knows someone looking for a decent place to live there. He has great credit and is willing to pay 1 year in advance and he STILL can't find anything. One even asked him to write a letter saying why he wanted to rent from them! It is crazy!

Meanwhile the place next door is for rent. They moved out at the beginning of the month and they have yet to rent it. :( It is a nice house. I hope it goes to someone nice... preferably to someone who doesn't mind learning english. Being a SAHM and living next to a family that doesn't even attempt to learn english, isn't fun. We only have a 4 foot high fence on that side. Last 2 tenants had NO desire to learn english. Only the children knew it.

Why don't you learn their language?

Does it have to do with your local economy?  Ours is doing quite well and usually is.

You know, I think it does have to do with our economy---companies can't fill jobs and we never really felt the 'recession'. Housing sales slowed, but nowhere near the level of what hit most of the country. There is also the fact that there is a lot of land around here on which to build so there are new homes going up all the time. I guess people save up and buy rather than renting? We are in a low COL area, too, so I wonder if it is just a combination of those things.

• Like 1