Menu

Diary of a Young Girl

lewelma

I'm interested in buying this book for my 11 year old boy.  I understand there have been two versions out there, and I would like the one without the emerging sexuality.  I'm not conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think my boy would enjoy this aspect of the book.  He is trying to read through the Mensa list posted by someone in a previous thread, and does not want to skip any.  So I am looking for the best edition for him at this age.

Does anyone know where I can buy this edition?

Ruth in NZ

Purchased a used copy. You can pretty much pick your publication date, so just get one that was printed before they added in the stuff her father had taken out.

Although I think your son probably will not "enjoy" any of this book, it's still a worthwhile read.

• Like 1

I believe, after carefully reading the Wikipedia entry (great research, right?) that translations published prior to 1989 may be what you're looking for.

If he's interested in youth memoirs from this period, he might also try When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit (a long favorite of mine) or The Upstairs Room. (There's a sequel to that which is essential, but I can't recall the name.)