Menu

I like the show Numbers but tonight?

Normal people sitting in their houses just think up this stuff? There seems to be such a focus now on not just murder and violence but torture. Like all these new horror films out. It's just so twisted. It bothers me a little that there are people sitting around thinking up this stuff. :)

I did not watch Numb3rs last night so I am not sure what episode it was. However, I love Numb3rs. It is not a show we allow our kids to watch of course. I enjoy, even when I don't understand, how complex (and even simple) mathematical principles are applied to fighting crime and everyday life.

It is a shame that the graphic violence and themes prevents me from allowing my children to watch because it is a great lesson on how math can apply to real life.

• 3 years later...

My husband and I are watching this on Netflix instant and now I'm concerned about whatever episode this old thread was referring to. Does anyone remember what it was called or which season it was in or was number it is? I might want to skip it. We've watched about 13 episodes so far and really like it, so I hope it didn't take a downturn at some point...

Is this the same Numbers that was the FBI series with the smart math guy? Because if it's that show, then the OP has me surprised. We loved that show (esp. my husband and anything even remotely gory he will refuse to watch, he hates CSI.) I never found anything objectionable in it, and thought the focus was more on solving crimes with math than the actual crimes itself.

It is so funny when old threads get resurrected! I'm the one who posted that but I don't remember exactly what episode it was. It seems like maybe it was a serial killer but, of course, it can't just be a serial killer that simply kills people. The killer has to drag it out into a tortuous process. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of a simple gun shot? :D I'm curious as to what I was talking about too! :lol: