Menu

TruthQuest History vs Beautiful Feet

lulalu

I love Truthquest! :-) However, it is definitely more time consuming than Beautiful Feet because you have to figure which books you have available or are going to buy and plan your year accordingly. Beautiful Feet is all laid out for you. I never cared for the BF teacher guide. We just read the books and my son wrote narrations. The books were great!

Truthquest is great because you have so many choices and so much freedom to dig into certain studies or move through them quickly and the book suggestions are wonderful! I only use Truthquest for modern history and American history because it's harder to find library books about the other time periods. If I had access to a larger library or could buy a ton of books, I would use Truthquest exclusively.

• Like 1

Truthquest lists topics in chronological order and lists books under each topic for you to choose from. There is no schedule. You choose which books you want to read on each topic and how much time you want to spend on each topic. She ties it all together with dialogue interspersed throughout the guide and gives a writing assignment every so often. It's a great option for those who love freedom and choices in curriculum. It might be overwhelming for those who prefer more handholding and concrete goals.

Beautiful Feet assigns daily reading and gives you comprehension questions to ask your student after their readings. I think they also give writing assignments.

• Like 1

I have used both and prefer BF for our brood.

The TruthQuest guide was a bit overwhelming and the author's comments interwoven throughout the scripted portions could be a bit...much. Some parts were great and I appreciated the parallels she drew, but other areas were border line annoying/offensive. I am not very good at editing on the fly. If you have time to go through the scripted portions and edit out anything you feel is distracting, TQ can be a boon if you want to choose your own books.

BF was simpler to use, clear directions written to the students (for higher levels), and less of a chore to wade through on a daily basis. My kids liked having assignments they could work through on their own and showing me their notebooks upon completion each day.

Basically it comes down to whether you want to select books or have book plans already laid out. Once you make the decision, the rest should be easy!

Best wishes on your selection!

• Like 1

Beautiful Feet assigns daily reading and gives you comprehension questions to ask your student after their readings. I think they also give writing assignments.

The essence of a Beautiful Feet Books study guide is the notebook that the children keep. It isn't really "comprehension questions;" it's the children reading for content and then recording the answers to the questions, which help them remember and understand. There is also map work, Scripture memory, poetry memory, and, depending on the age, copywork and coloring. :-)

• Like 1

The essence of a Beautiful Feet Books study guide is the notebook that the children keep. It isn't really "comprehension questions;" it's the children reading for content and then recording the answers to the questions, which help them remember and understand. There is also map work, Scripture memory, poetry memory, and, depending on the age, copywork and coloring. :-)

Wow! I don't remember any of this! I used the old guides years ago. Have they changed that much or is my memory that bad?!!! :ohmy: