Menu

Veritas Self-Paced History, Explorers to 1815 - Optional reading

hermione310

Hi there,

My daughter just started the Veritas Press self-paced history course "Explorers to 1815". So far it's a hit. We ordered that flashcards and also the level 2 literature kit to accompany the course. 

DD completed lesson 3 today. So far, I can't see any reference to the literature, or recommendations for supplementary reading associated with each lesson. For those of you that have already used this course -- how did you use the supplementary books? (I'm planning to use them as read-alouds.) Is there somewhere in the course that says "for lessons 5-8, read x", or....? Just wondering where it's referenced. 

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

At the end of the lesson, there will be a page that says what the reading is.  It is not on every lesson, so it probably hasn't started yet by lesson 3.  You can also go into the account and look up the list on the right hand side under Documents.  It states what week and what book/pages for each day.  I am using it for my two children, one for level 1 and one for level 2.  It will be their reading books so that I can tie History and Reading together.  They will complete the work after the history lesson.  Some of the level 2 books have literature guides they can complete.

At the end of the lesson, there will be a page that says what the reading is. It is not on every lesson, so it probably hasn't started yet by lesson 3. You can also go into the account and look up the list on the right hand side under Documents. It states what week and what book/pages for each day. I am using it for my two children, one for level 1 and one for level 2. It will be their reading books so that I can tie History and Reading together. They will complete the work after the history lesson. Some of the level 2 books have literature guides they can complete.

This. Stated perfectly. I needed to occasionally make sure my kids were on track. :-)

At the end of the lesson, there will be a page that says what the reading is.  It is not on every lesson, so it probably hasn't started yet by lesson 3.  You can also go into the account and look up the list on the right hand side under Documents.  It states what week and what book/pages for each day.  I am using it for my two children, one for level 1 and one for level 2.  It will be their reading books so that I can tie History and Reading together.  They will complete the work after the history lesson.  Some of the level 2 books have literature guides they can complete.

Thank you so much! I just found this link and the chart with the reading. You're right -- it hasn't started at Lesson 3. It's really helpful to get an idea of what's coming to plan our time. 

Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

My daughter just started the Veritas Press self-paced history course "Explorers to 1815". So far it's a hit. We ordered that flashcards and also the level 2 literature kit to accompany the course. 

DD completed lesson 3 today. So far, I can't see any reference to the literature, or recommendations for supplementary reading associated with each lesson. For those of you that have already used this course -- how did you use the supplementary books? (I'm planning to use them as read-alouds.) Is there somewhere in the course that says "for lessons 5-8, read x", or....? Just wondering where it's referenced. 

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

I am getting ready to order this for my daughter and was curious how you are liking it. I looked at the sample lessons and had this exact question. Did you find a good method for assigning the books? How many lessons a week do you do or are recommended. Any tips or things that have worked well for you? Thanks, Tara