Menu

Which Audio Lecture Would You Purchase?

I have been homeschooling for several years now. I just recently discovered The Well Trained Mind book. I feel inspired and challenged and a reinvigorated in regards to home education. And completely overwhelmed! I didn't receive the best education myself and also am dealing with some sleep deprivation (newborn baby) as I try to read through and plan executing the ideas in The Well Trained Mind book. I have a 5th grader, 4th grader, and 2nd grader. I'm going through the book for the 3rd time now and find that when I read most of the info goes in one ear and out the other. Maybe more hours of consective sleep would help me, but I was also hoping listening to audio lectures might help me to comprehend a classical approach to education as well as practical steps to execute it.

Which audio lecture do you recommend purchasing and listening to? I notice there are some for sale on Peace HIll Press website as well as some on Well Trained Mind Conference Series.

Are you an audio learner? If so, perhaps the audio would help. (I need to see it in writing if I'm going to retain it, so I like to have a book in front of me & take notes.)

I'd start with:  The Joy of Classical Education

Then, I'd either go with Teaching Students to Work Independently or A Plan for Teaching Writing / What is History? (whichever one you feel more confused about).

They are almost all winners. My very favorite is Homeschooling the Real Child, but that is for when you already have your feet under you. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. (I have almost all of them. The only one I didn't like was Jessie Wise's If I Could Do It Over Again, but your mileage may vary.)