Menu

Does Tabletclass need supplementation?

We have not used Tablet Class but at that price I think we will.

What course are you looking for?

I know a couple of boardies that I value their opinions highly have been quite happy with Tablet Class.

My plan is to use the Jurgensen text with it for Geometry.

I am interested in switching my son from MUS Dec. and Percents to TC Pre-Alg.(as long as my son likes the trial). He was doing LoF alongside MUS, but we've decided not to continue with LoF.

So, I am wondering if my son can just do TC alone for Pre-Alg. (for that matter, all of them) or if it has a weakness that would need some supplementation (though I'd rather not).

Math is a major weakness for me, so I really can't judge it on my own.

Thank you,

Rachel

We have not used Tablet Class but at that price I think we will.

What course are you looking for?

I know a couple of boardies that I value their opinions highly have been quite happy with Tablet Class.

My plan is to use the Jurgensen text with it for Geometry.

Do you need a text along with it? Is a text required I guess I should say?

My ds12 (almost 13--this week!!) has used TC Pre-A, Alg1 and currently is in Geometry. He never needed supplementation or an extra text. He took his first AoPS course a couple of months ago and received an A, so I think TC has prepared him well. That said, he is mathy and doesn't need a lot of explanation. He rarely watched the answer explanation videos that John provides, but it's great to know they are there if he needs them. 

For the price, I think it's definitely worth a try. We have been happy with it.

• Like 2

My ds12 (almost 13--this week!!) has used TC Pre-A, Alg1 and currently is in Geometry. He never needed supplementation or an extra text. He took his first AoPS course a couple of months ago and received an A, so I think TC has prepared him well. That said, he is mathy and doesn't need a lot of explanation. He rarely watched the answer explanation videos that John provides, but it's great to know they are there if he needs them. 

For the price, I think it's definitely worth a try. We have been happy with it.

Can pre algebra and Algebra 1 be done in 1 year?

Can pre algebra and Algebra 1 be done in 1 year?

From reading onsite, it says that if the child finishes a course prior to their year being over, then they can move into the next course at no additional charge-it's a part of the yearly cost.

From the 'FAQS' page:

Yes and no. If you sign up for our 1 month or 6 month plans you can’t switch the course you enrolled in. However if you sign up for our 1 year plan you will have the option of switching courses once during your membership. This feature is a great benefit as most students tend to finish courses within 7 – 10 months. As an example if your child finishes an algebra 1 course in 7 months they can switch into our geometry course for 5 months making the most of a 12 month subscription.

On average students complete courses within 7 – 10 months. This time range assumes the student works about 1 hour a day 5 days a week- i.e. a normal academic year schedule. Of course these time frames can vary greatly among students so if you need to extend your membership you certainly can. We strongly suggest that most homeschoolers consider our 1 year power plan so if your children finishes within 12 months (and most do) you can switch into the next course and make the most of your membership time.

Did you go from the Homeschool, free-demo page? When I clicked on Free Demo, it went directly to a request for my email and name so that the demo could be sent to me.

GO from here:

http://www.tabletclass.com/explore/features.aspx

then click 'homeschool' and then you give them your email info, etc.

That's all I know right now.

If you are thinking about TC, their Big Sale is back!  It's hard to beat at half off classes.  I just got this email:

TabletClass Math Super Sale Is Back! Deals That Are 50% OFF And Better!!

We have been flooded with this sales request- so in an effort to help families join TabletClass we have decided to run this sale one more time this year!!
  • 1 Full Course $50 (Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2)
  • 4 Course Power Pack $100
  • 100 hours of video per course
  • Deep instruction by a master math teacher
  • Many, many problems with FULL video solutions
  • All course material included (worksheets, tests/keys, notes)
  • Final Exams, pacing chart, grading chart supplement
Sale End Date To Be Determined

PS:  Tell your friends.....they will thank you!

** LIMITED TIME OFFER -Click The Link Below To Secure Your HUGE SAVINGS Today!!  

Happy Homeschooling!

John
  • Like 2

Glad to help, historymatters.  At these prices, your reasons to not jump in have been reduced even further.  For all that you get for $50, its really hard to beat.  John is an excellent instructor with a great curriculum set.  I say give it a go if you are on the fence.  Halcyon and I were both 'fence straddlers' at one point ourselves if you go back and read the old threads.   :D  ;)

• Like 1

My DD does Just started Pre-Algebra as a review. We had a "baby" year and I was not as attentive as I wanted to be. Hence, the review.

She watches the videos and then does the example sets. They have problems to solve in them. There are also the answers to the problems.  As you move forward you encounter the chapter tests and then unit tests.

She really likes the presentations.  

ETA: We use Firefox to access the videos that use Silverlight. Chrome is our main browser. I dislike IE in general.

Also I did not answer the original questions. Sorry. I do not think it needs to supplemented but if you have a mathy kid they might want more no matter what program you use. My dd is just a regular math student and I feel TabletClass is more than enough.

• Like 1