Menu

The End of Plenty: The Race to Feed a Crowded World

bibiche

This book and its author were featured yesterday on Fresh Air. Here's a link if anyone would like to give it a listen.  I've ordered the book and look forward to reading it. The show was interesting and thought provoking, if somewhat depressing. An interesting book to read alongside this one would be Note-by-Note Cooking: The Future of Food by Herve This.  I'd be interested in other reading  recommendations if anyone has any.

• Like 7

I'll be honest, I totally keep my head in the sand about this kind of stuff. It doesn't feel like anything I can fix, kwim??

But there are absolutely things that you can do!  Super simple things like not using pesticides, like eating less meat... like taking your head out of the sand. lol  ;)

I have to say, my mom was firmly in the head-in-the-sand camp, particularly because she felt that she was somehow being judged for having given birth to a passel o' kids.  :seeya: Nothing she could do about reversing that and thankfully she has since gotten over it and gone on to become surprisingly environmentally conscious.  Little changes wind up being big changes when everyone makes them. 

• Like 8