Menu

etc???

mumtoo3

ETC's readiness books are the a, b, and c ones. They cover all the consonants, and have handwriting instruction in lower case. ETC 1 starts with short vowel sounds, including handwriting instruction for the vowels. ETC 2 covers blends and ETC 3 gets into y suffix, silent e, and digraphs/trigraphs. That's as far as we are. :)

Both my 4 yo and 6 yo are using the books and really enjoying them.

i am still very new to home schooling! i keep hearing people mentioning etc can someone tell me what it is? what age to start? any general advise?

It's Latin and means et -- "and" -- cetera -- "other things." I think folks should start Latin as soon as their kids are reading English fluently.

:D Capitalization helps pre-coffee readers figure out what you mean. :tongue_smilie:

thanks for all your help, its difficult to know which way to turn :) dd is 5.5yrs and we have tried lots of different phonic programmes which she did not like, she seems okay with phonics pathways so far, but i heard other families saying they have a break from it for a few months! so will wait and see what happens.

thank you all for your tips :)