Menu

Holding on to books...

So, I have several books that I have purchased for homeschooling that we have not yet used, but I can't seem to part with them!  A Child's History of the World and Journey Through the Bible are just a few...does anyone else have a problem with this?!  And how to you deal with it?  I keep thinking we may use them eventually...

Your kids are still little, so there is a chance you may use the books at some point. In that case, I'd keep them. I don't see why there would be any need to get rid of them just because you have not used them yet.

I part with books when we are done with them or the children have outgrown them - and I still keep some for reference.

Haha...good points!  kva, my daughter has already read most of the history selections I had in our history bin before we even got to them!  She is always raiding the shelves.  Every time I remind her we will be reading a book for school, she just says, "It's ok...I'll just read it again with you."  

• Like 1

I have purged drastically. I decided the LIFESTYLE I want to live, and what is the maximum amount of stuff I can own and still maintain that lifestyle. Then I chose the best of the best that fits. 

My drastic purging is drastic enough that it affect others that visit me and want me to go places with them. I don't have the "proper" things to play hostess or the "proper" clothes to attend certain events. 

:001_tt2:

People just have to eat off paper plates at my house, IF I remembered to buy some. If I didn't there are some recycled take out containers and cottage cheese containers they can use as dishes if they want. Otherwise they can just go home and eat there. And as for clothes, if I can't go in my yoga pants, hoodie, and hiking boots, I don't want to go.

Books was the last thing to go. I'm actually to the point now where I'm giving away the shelves. I gave away 5 bookcases last week. I am willing to accept the lower academic standards that will take place as a result of me choosing to live my life the way I want to live it.