Menu

Bandana Talk

poppy

I am going to Girl Scout camping training next month and am required to get a bandana.

Some bandanas are 22x22,  others 27x27.

Which is best for camping?

I honestly haven't given a thought to bandanas in so many years. But my dad always had one in his pocket to use for nose-blowing. Makes me smile to think of it.... one of those things that used to be fairly normal, and now most kids don't see.

Is this for covering the hair, sweat absorbing, or to cover nose and mouth?

Generally speaking, I like the bigger ones, but the application and wearer makes a difference.

When I did camp training, we were taught how to sew the bandana into a bag. It was one of those multi-purpose activities. We brainstormed everything you could do with a bandana while camping. Then the camp trainers showed us how to sew the bag. Then while we were all hand-sewing the bag, the trainers lectured/instructed/taught us some stuff that needed to be covered in the training.

It didn't really matter in this situation what size the bandana was.

When I did camp training, we were taught how to sew the bandana into a bag. It was one of those multi-purpose activities. We brainstormed everything you could do with a bandana while camping. Then the camp trainers showed us how to sew the bag. Then while we were all hand-sewing the bag, the trainers lectured/instructed/taught us some stuff that needed to be covered in the training.

It didn't really matter in this situation what size the bandana was.

Ha, that sounds like the just the kind of thing that would happen. 

I camp a lot but haven't used bandanas. But I have heard of people tying them to a belt loop and using them to dry dishes (and hands) for low-footprint camping.

I will buy the cheapest made is US bandanas I can find on amazon. Thanks.

Ha, that sounds like the just the kind of thing that would happen.

I camp a lot but haven't used bandanas. But I have heard of people tying them to a belt loop and using them to dry dishes (and hands) for low-footprint camping.

I will buy the cheapest made is US bandanas I can find on amazon. Thanks.

No problem.

I loved camp training.

Did you guys meet one evening a couple weeks before and divide into groups? And then plan activities and meals?

That is how we did it. And every group had an alternative meal prep technique. Like we got box oven, which was so awesome.