Menu

CC and CCM Questions

SnMomof7

I have some questions I can't find the answers for online, despite searching :). Some for CC and some for CCM. There are no communities for either here.

CCM:

Geography - are there songs on the CD? If I *just* order the geography, without the student or teacher text, will I know what to teach each week? I like the laminated maps and emphasis on modern geography.

Science - includes songs, correct?

Timeline - are the cards laminated? Exactly how Catholic are they? ;). Is there a song on the CDs?

CC:

Geography - are there songs on the CDs? There aren't on the app. Is most of the geography work really based on historical geography?

Science - ditto on the songs, are they on the CD? They aren't on the app.

Grammar - ditto on the songs, are they on the CD? Not on the app.

I'm not interested in using any one program wholly, but I do need some more memory work and resources. I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you!

CCM:

Geography - are there songs on the CD? If I *just* order the geography, without the student or teacher text, will I know what to teach each week? I like the laminated maps and emphasis on modern geography.

Timeline - are the cards laminated? Exactly how Catholic are they? ;). Is there a song on the CDs?

I just finished using all four years of CCM in a co-op.

The only parts set to music are the history sentences and the skip counting.

There are no songs for the geography or timeline.

The maps come unlabeled. The maps have symbols that match up with stickers to label the maps.

You could use the maps without the text, but you would have to manually match up the labels and schedule them out yourself. The program doesn't include any information about the places, just their names, so I wouldn't consider it a complete geography program.

The timeline cards are *not* laminated, but they are very easy to laminate using 4" x 6" pouches.

The timeline is *extremely* Catholic. They include several saints and ecumenical councils, as well as several cards for Jesus and Mary. I cannot picture a non-Catholic using them.

• Like 1

CC has a states and capitals song on the Cycle 3 CD. There was no other geography set to songs. Our tutors found some songs elsewhere for mountains, rivers, trails. Science memory work did not have songs. English grammar did not have songs. I don't know about the other cycles.

• Like 1

Talented moms have written songs for a lot of the CCmemory work for geography, grammar, and science, but those are only available on CC Connected, the online subscription service.

For geography, cycle 2 and 3 are not so tied to history, but cycle 1 is.

• Like 1

The timeline cards are *not* laminated, but they are very easy to laminate using 4" x 6" pouches.

The timeline is *extremely* Catholic. They include several saints and ecumenical councils, as well as several cards for Jesus and Mary. I cannot picture a non-Catholic using them.

You could absolutely pull out the timeline cards that are very Catholic - and several are. (My oldest raised her eyebrows at the timeline card with the death of Pope John Paul II. In the scope of history, it didn't seem to be of equal importance to some of the events that either didn't have a card or whose events were smooshed into one card.)

I like the quality of the timeline cards printing-wise, but I have been frustrated at the stated ORDER of them several times. I shake my head ... For example, why did they put the "end of the Napoleonic wars" (1815) before the Louisiana Purchase (1803)? 

ETA:  IMO, if you go with CCM, you don't need both the student & teacher book. Just get the teacher book as it has everything in it you'll need to pull from.