Menu

This is my best homeschooling year by far

Mom0012

I have posted in the past about having trouble working with my son and remaining patient. Well, after struggling for the last couple of years, I think I finally have this thing figured out.

It comes down to this. I can only do so much one-on-one work at a time. And, really, only so much in a day as well. In the past, I have tried to work with my poor boy for hours at a time trying to get it all done. The longer I worked with him, the more intense I would become and then I would "forget" myself and lose patience.

I have found that if I do one thing with him and then go do some laundry and then come back and do something else with him and then do the dishes and then work with him on another thing and then go take a shower, I can remain patient. It's a miracle! :tongue_smilie:

My husband is also helping out tremendously by taking over math with my son. This is the husband who is an awesome dad, but who is also the most unorganized, inconsistent guy on earth. And guess what? He is consistently doing math 5 times a week with my son. And has been for over a month. Without me nagging. Another miracle!

Anyway, this has weighed so heavily on me, I just had to share this success with "somebody" who might understand.

Lisa