Menu

Like WWE Text for Upper Elementary/Middle

mymommy1

I like the WWE text that outlines what I need to teach my child.  I'm fairly competent in teaching him writing, but need an outline of what to do when.  Is there something that would follow WWE text?  Is there like a WWS text?  My son will be in fifth grade, narrates well, but struggles with physical writing.  I'm looking for something to walk me through outlining, writing across the curriculum, literary analysis, etc.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't know the answer to your question, but here are some ideas. 

Here's a thread on writing across the curriculum:  http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/548716-how-do-i-teach-writing-across-the-curriculum/#entry6301305. 

Some people use Treasure Conversations to transition from WWE to WWS. 

There should be a sample for WWS on Peacehill Press' site.

I hope this helps.  Since no one answered, I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.  ;)

I like the WWE text that outlines what I need to teach my child.  I'm fairly competent in teaching him writing, but need an outline of what to do when.  Is there something that would follow WWE text?  Is there like a WWS text?  My son will be in fifth grade, narrates well, but struggles with physical writing.  I'm looking for something to walk me through outlining, writing across the curriculum, literary analysis, etc.  Thanks!

The logic stage section of the third edition of The Well-Trained Mind by SWB does a great job of this.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.  I actually lost my own post and couldn't return to it until just now! 

After rereading WTM 3rd edition as mentioned above, I think I have a fairly good idea of what to do.  Treasured Conversations is on my list if I get overwhelmed or run into trouble.  Thanks!

• Like 1