Menu

Support/Resources for parents whose child identifies LGBT?

sunflowerlady

Ok, I know the Hive is a wealth of information, so I am asking this question here. :001_smile:

I am looking for any and all advice, resources, books, online info, BTDT wisdom-whatever you have to offer.

If you knew a parent whose child identified as under the LGBT umbrella, and the parent wants to learn and

supportive , but is unsure where to start or what to do, what would you say to the parent and what resources would you offer?

Family identifies as Christian.  Family is not interested in trying to "change" child or trying to shame child, so telling child how sinful it is etc etc is not an option. One parent has taken child to an accepting church a few times. They like the church.  

One parent knows. Other parent does not know yet.  Parent who does not know yet will likely have a more difficult time dealing with it.  Yet, the parent will not disown child and will still love child. This parent will just struggle and will probably wonder "why" and try to think of things parents may have done wrong and may think it is a "phase" or something. 

So, bring on the wisdom. :bigear:

Please be kind. Thanks. 

• Like 1