Menu

Isn't there a resource showing what states a school's students are from?

plansrme

Surely, with all of the data available on colleges, this is out there somewhere?  Google is failing me.

I'm particularly looking (today) at the University of Minnesota and am just wondering if my Georgia peach would be the only one of her species.  (Not that she is actually a classic southern co-ed, and those of you who went to college in the South will know exactly what I mean.)  

I've seen this data often on individual college websites -- the college at which I teach has this all broken down on the admissions website, including a handy-dandy map of the U.S. with undergraduate enrollment numbers -- but I'm sure others will know more about a possible compilation.

It looks like UMN distinguishes between counties, in state, in the region, and out of state.  Nothing about individual states, though.  

http://www.oir.umn.edu/student/enrollment/term/1153/current/12963

Search this "number of students from georgia at university of minnesota" and in the search blurb it states 91 students from Georgia with a total enrollment of 51K..  However when you go to the link, it just shows a map and all it shows is that fewer students come from Georgia than states near MN, but doesn't give numbers.  If it was gray on the map that would be no students, so that's not the case.

Edited to add that it is 91 from Georgia and only 8 from West Virginia.  If you scroll down and go to "Other US" and click on the +/- you will see the totals for each of the states.  This is on Jenny's link above.

• Like 1