Menu

Schmoop test prep online for SAT Subject Exams (German, not listening)

Dd is going to take the German SAT subject exam in June without listening. There are no real study guides for this exam other than a very old REA one on the used market for over a hundred dollars. I have been locating old gcse, A levels, and any other exams for her to practice on. I just ran into Schmoop guides, which I have no experience or knowledge of. Basically 24 dollars will provide her with a review guide and practice exams online for the German Subject exam. Is it worthwhile? Since I can't see it without buying it I am curious how good they really are. I realize I have nothing better but still hesitating.....

Has anyone bought one of these for any of the subject exams? How did they compare to other study guides like Barron's.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas! It really is wonderful having this group as a resource.

You can buy a book from the College Board that has all 20 SAT Subject Tests in one book including all of the weird ones like German with listening. (and of course the one without listening as well :) )

It doesn't contain any prep material but it does have one actual SAT subject test for each subject plus answers and explanations for why each answer is right or wrong.

I was able to get it at Barnes and Noble.

• Like 2

Thanks, we do have the big book of SAT subject exams which is how she decided to register for the German. She was closer to her needed admission score then expected but lots of room for improvement. A guide would be handy. We have the REA one for Latin which is wonderful or at least appears to be. She can't start her review until May nday for this batch of exams.

There is also one free one online which we are saving until near the end.