Menu

What math to do after MUS Zeta??

armom

My kids have been doing MUS for the past few years, and now I have decided that this is not the program I want to use in higher levels.  My 10y/o is part way through MUS level Zeta.  He flies through the lessons with 100% accuracy most days.  I want him to move to a more challenging math.  We would do pre-algebra after Zeta if we stayed with MUS.  I have looked at AOPS , but wonder if I needed to do something in between MUS Zeta, and AOPS Pre-algebra.  Can someone give me advise on what to use that might cover anything to cover before we would start AOPS or suggest a different pre-algebra.  If we went another direction other AOPS, my son would use Foerster Algebra since that is what his brother is using.  Thank you for any insight you may have.

I would do MUS pre-algebra and then change to a more challenging pre-algebra. MUS pre-algebra is kind of a grab-bag of arithmetic topics that are frequently covered earlier in other programs, so it would finish off the scope and sequence.

• Like 3

I would do MUS pre-algebra and then change to a more challenging pre-algebra. MUS pre-algebra is kind of a grab-bag of arithmetic topics that are frequently covered earlier in other programs, so it would finish off the scope and sequence.

Thanks.  I orginally planned to use MUS prealgebra, but have been thinking I just wanted to change.