Menu

AoPS Alcumus ''High Review Rate'' option removed

The ''High Review Rate'' option disappeared when the new version of Alcumus was implemented, and when I contacted AoPS to ask if it would be coming back, they said that they do not plan to bring it back. A new feature that allows students to set their focus as ''All Topics in Pre-Algebra/Algebra/whatever'' is the replacement, and looks like it would be very useful for students who want to review a course they've already completed, but doesn't allow for continuous review while progressing through a course. For example, under ''High Review Rate'' my son would get a problem from a section he'd already passed sprinkled in between every few problems of his current topic, but under ''All Topics in Pre-Algebra'', he was given questions from several chapters ahead of his furthest ''passed'' topic. We can manually change his focus for review purposes, but under ''High Review Rate'' it was automated and seamless.

I think both ''High Review Rate'' and ''All Topics in (Course)'' are very useful features, for different points in a student's progression. If your student benefited from ''High Review Rate'', consider letting AoPS know that you appreciated it. Perhaps if enough people miss it, they'll bring it back.

That's disappointing. We also used high review rate, and it has been an excellent tool to keep material fresh. I have been wondering why we haven't gotten any review questions lately. Sometimes all it takes is two questions to pass the topic.

Thanks for pointing this out!

• Like 1

I agree that a high review rate is very useful for my students (at home), but I can see how it can be a hindrance to someone who only wants to do geometry etc.

''High Review Rate'' was an option, not the default, just to be clear, and it's always been possible to select a topic to focus on, from any part of any course.

• Like 1