Menu

Ancient History with a 5th and 2nd grader?

HSMWB

We have already 'done' SOTW Vol 1 although I still still have it and was planning on reading it again, but I feel like the 5th grader will probably remember doing it and was wanting a little 'more' for this time around.  However, I still want to combine the 2nd grader (who can not really read independently yet) because I don't have time to not combine them.  He, on the other hand was in preschool the last time and I am sure remembers nada.  Any amazing resources I should check out?

Not sure if you want secular or are ok with a christian curriculum, but what about:

- Veritas self paced online for ancients

- Beautiful feet books ancients

- Homeschool in the woods has an ancients unit that looks pretty cool

- Biblioplan

Not sure if any of those are even remotely what you are looking for.......

Greenleaf Guides has the Famous Men of Greece/Rome/Renaissance, etc. study guides to go with the Famous Men of Greece/Rome/Renaissance, etc. books.  http://www.greenleafpress.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=56&zenid=29a5e9e9af26cca1ca016a037ea7ee7a      They've got a whole unit study built in, so your 5th grader can do those independently or with you in discussion form while you work one on one with your 2nd grader.  The Activity Book for SOTW1 has all kinds of recommended reading, geography and hands on activities that you can do with the kids together to some degree.