Menu

If you have used John Stossel's In the Classroom Economics DVDs....

Is it a stand-alone program or does it need to be supplemented with something?   Is it a credit-worthy high school half-credit for ecoomics?

We've watched the snippits from the free DVDs that I ordered. Dd wants to use Stossel's DVD program for her economics credit.  I just want to be sure colleges would deem this a credible economics course.

ETA: http://stosselintheclassroom.org/economics/

I'm not familiar with what you are talking about but we did Economics in a Box that uses Stossels DVD's.  It also uses some other books and has questions for every chapter and extra writing assignments etc that were optional.  I felt it was at least 1/2 credit.  We like it a lot!

• Like 1

Economics in a Box looks like it has about 30 different clips from him.  I can't find a good list with out typing each one out but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same videos you are thinking of.  It has been several years since we used it and I'm having a little trouble seeing where they are even scheduled in but I'm sure could be used along side if they aren't specifically scheduled.  Maybe someone else knows more than I.

Thank you, Mims. If not for the $200 price tag, I would try Economics in a Box.  Does EIAB ever go on sale anywhere???

I emailed and heard back from the Stossel people.  They said that there is enough meat in their curriuculum package for a high school half credit for econ.  I would just like something to pair with it.  I sort of feel like it needs to be the supplement with a more well known spine so that it looks more credible?  That sounds so harsh, and I don't mean that at all.