Menu

ADT?

BlsdMama

We have an ADT system installed in our house.  It was here when we moved in.  I'm wondering if it's worth the monthly cost?  They have terrible reviews from customers, but I admit I'm a fire-phob.  My sister has ahad an explosion and my brother has had a house totaled by fire.  We own about 15 fire alarms, strategically placed.  It would probably be misguided to have ADT just for more fire alarms and CO detectors?  (We have three of them.)

We've used ADT and Brinks.  And once we reached the end of our contract, we happily found a local monitoring agency.  Joyfully.  As in we skipped to the phone to make that call.  Seriously, check around for local monitoring companies.  They will use your installed ADT system, and monitor it for much less.  If you really can't find anyone, ask your homeowners' insurance co - they'll know who does it (ours did, anyway).  

The benefit to having it monitored is if you're out of town, not home, the fire dept will be called.  It sounds like you've got the alarms covered so your family will wake up.  :)