Menu

anyone tried focus factor for kids ? for adhd?

Guest nenasangels8

Guest nenasangels8

my grandson is 9 and has been on concerta 27 mg for alittle over 2 years when he started kindergarten he could not focus  it took us over a year to finally decide he needed medication ...he  then needed medication to help him sleep  he wasnt hyperactive at all but now that he has been on the concerta if there is a day on the weekend he doesnt take it he litterly bounces off the walls ....he seems to have more anexity when he takes his concerta so if we are going to the zoo or something like that we sometimes dont give it to him ,,,but i have also noticed we have to watch him more if he doesnt take it as he has alot of impulsive behavior...so anyway i heard about focus factor  for kids and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

I do not have experience with Focus Factor specifically. However from years of ADHD Momma experience: supplements help, alternative therapies (eg, OT), exercise helps (swimming and martial arts highly recommended), BUT nothing works as well as the prescription meds.

It sounds like his dose is too high or too long acting to allow sleep. Maybe a lower dose combined with some of the alternatives I mentioned would work.

Also it is normal for the kids to rebound when their meds wear off. They get very ADHD for a while.